Roll for savings!
GOG.com is running a BOGO sale on PC D&D classics. Until February 27, when you buy one of a handful of some of the best CRPGs ever made, you'll get another role-playing gem for free!
Valid titles include:
- Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 - The quintessential D&D classic; built on the celebrated (and heavily modded) Infinity Engine for the 2nd Edition D&D ruleset [Metascore: 91 - BG 1; 95 - BG 2]
- Icewind Dale Complete 1 & 2 - The inevitable Infinity Engine follow-up to the Baldur's Gate series, updated to 3rd Edition D&D [Metascore: 87 - IWD 1; 83 - IWD 2]
- Planescape: Torment - Arguably one of the best CRPGs in existence and the last game to take advantage of Black Isle's Infinity Engine; take a wacky and memorable ride through the planes, into death and beyond [Metascore: 91]
- Dungeons & Dragons: Dragonshard - An RTS offering by Liquid Entertainment and Atari; takes place in the colorful 3.5 Edition D&D world of Eberron [Metascore: 80]
- Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone - An action game with decidedly mild RPG elements; take control of three distinct characters and lead them through a plot crafted by prolific Forgotten Realms author R.A. Salvatore [Metascore: 69]
- Neverwinter Nights: Diamond Edition - Atari's stab at a D&D game driven almost entirely by user-generated content; this one will keep you busy [Metascore: 91]
All titles are $9.99 each and GOG will throw in a copy of Atari's Temple of Elemental Evil for free.
TOEE is sadly the only pure RPG listed above that uses the gold standard D&D 3.5 rules (and utilizes them extremely well.) A shame it ended up with an emaciated plot and a slew of game-crashing bugs. Sorry, I'm just still salty over my experience trying to get back into it.
Well, it's free, so we can't complain...